Quote

,,One of the delights of life is eating with friends, second to that is talking about eating.
And, for an unsurpassed double whammy, there is talking about eating while you are eating with friends. ,,
-Laurie Colwin

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Linguine with avocado and Tiger Prawns

I Start Posting On My Blog Again!
I know I haven’t posted in a long time. We just had a lot of stuff going on, but we shouldn't have neglected the blog. :) My last post was in August last year, just before my family moved with me in Norway. After ten months we start posting again.
We created this blog around 3 years ago because our prime interest in life is food, so we decided to write about it, about our experience with food, about the way we see and understand  the food, recipes  and bunch of other stuff. But soon after that I found out that it takes tons of time and effort to manage a blog covering all aspects of food. It's hard and time consuming! :) During these ten months I have realized that I don't write about food, but I write about my Pleasure, and this is the purpose of my life and this is what the blog is going to be about.
I’m looking forward to getting back to this. We honestly missed it a lot.

I don't think I have to many pasta dishes on the blog! So, today I will share with you one pasta dish with avocado, which is one of our family most favorite ingredient.



Linguine with avocado and Tiger Prawns
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
300 g linguine pasta, cooked ''al dente''
1 large avocado
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 lemon
1-1/2 cups white wine
200 ml sweet whipped cream 32% fat
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 shrimp size 6/8 (Banana Prawns) - complete with head
8 shrimp size 15/20 (Tiger Prawns)
1-1/2 tsp butter
salt and pepper
a teaspoon of fresh coriander, chopped
For decoration I used mini red shisho leaves, watercress sprouts and edible flower petals.



Method:
Cut half of avocado into cubes, sprinkle with a little lemon juice and the second half of avocado is mashed with honey, lemon juice and salt.
In a pan boil the wine and 1 clove garlic finely chopped. Reduce by half, then add the cream, season with salt and reduce until it becomes a creamy sauce.
Meanwhile, until cream becomes sauce, prepare the prawns. In another pan, fry the prawns in hot butter on both sides, and when the butter is brown, add 1/2 cup white wine, 1 clove garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Continue cooking about 30 sec., until wine evaporates, then pull from heat and add chopped coriander.
In the cream sauce add avocado puree and linguine pasta. Stir until all pasta is coated with sauce.


Serve pasta with prawns and butter sauce, plus avocado cubes.


Garnish as desired! I decorated with mini red shisho leaves, watercress sprouts and edible flower petals.

Enjoy! :)

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Un deliciu ....!
    Si arata intr-un mare fel....ai tu niste idei minunate.
    Mult succes pe mai departe, pup fetele !

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts